Monday, February 9, 2009

I need a 30 hour day.....

Do you ever find that 24 hours just doesn't cut it?? I mean the last thing I want to do is lengthen the day, but sometimes I have no idea what other option there is. Lets look at my last few days as an example. My usual week consists of graduate classes Monday-Wednesday, Thursday I spend doing laundry, errands, paying bills, etc. and I work Fri-Sat, which brings me really quickly back to Monday. Now that schedule isn't all that bad... I don't have class until 4:00 on all school days and on Monday I have two in a row so I get home at like 9:30 but Tuesday and Wednesday I only have class from 4-6:20, so I get home around 7ish (traffic pending). Ok, so like I said, doesn't sound that bad right?? Now I've gone and started studying for the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam. What is this exam you ask? It's months of tedious studying day after day, followed by a 4-5 hour exam. However, multiply it by FOUR because there are 4 parts you have to pass.

Back to the point... These past four days have been excruciating for me and I just want to bitch about it. You can feel free to press the back button now, or for some entertainment and maybe a feeling of (yeah I know just how she feels) read on folks! My school started classes on January 20th (the day after MLK day, which was a Tuesday). Now how incredibly ridiculous is this: Bentley thinks that the Monday classes that were missed on the 19th (HOW THE HELL THEY ARE CONSIDERED MISSED WHEN THE SCHOOL HASN'T OPENED YET IS BEYOND ME) could be made up on FRIDAY Feb 6th. Remember what I said a few sentences back.. I have TWO classes on Monday; one at 4:00 and the other at 6:30. Well of course my 4:00 professor is level headed and says we won't be doing a "make-up" class he's scheduled accordingly, excellent! But the professor of the 6:30 class wants to hold the make-up session; super-friggan-fantastic... I would LOVE to come to class on a FRIDAY NIGHT AT 6:30. Let me give away a Friday night at LoHO to open instead and make $47; awesome!!! So yeah, I opened (and made diddly squat), then went to class, got home at 9:30, did homework (because I have the same damn class AGAIN on Monday), worked a double on Saturday, and then worked an open double on Sunday. Please don't misconstrue my frustration, I'm not bitching about working (I need to work)... but to then have to turn around and have two classes on Monday again when CLEARLY I've had NO TIME to do the homework between Friday and Monday is a BIG PAIN IN MY ASS!

So finally, I've been up since 8:30 where I spent all day doing an assignment for the 4:00 class (it's Multi-state Jurisdiction in case you were curious), sat through that class, then the 6:30 class (which I had NO idea what was going on, because I didn't get to do the reading) and now it's 10:30pm and I'm home!! Exhausted, yes. Frustrated, yes. Emotional, yes. Ready to do more homework, HELL NO! Unfortunately the work needs to be done and I NEED A FEW EXTRA HOURS PEOPLE!!! I mean.. it's Monday night.. the best television night of the week!! Oh well... life goes on!!! And I love life, so don't get me wrong there. One day the blood, sweat, and tears (and oh tears there are) will all be worth it!!!

1 comment:

  1. So here i am commenting on your VERY OLD blog . haha j/k. Well can i jhust say the ast paragraph of your now published comment on my last blog is exactly what happned at the airport and wow you were spot on. He smiled i melted and it was all better. I did have some anxious feelings toward all these things and not being able to sday them quite yet becasue he JUST got here was kiling me but we talked and it was the best ever sooooo you are amazing and thank you sooo much . Its very paralel to how you felt. i felt numb as well but it all went away as soon as he smiled. I had this weird sinking feeling that he would be in the worst mood EVER but he is ok, he is adjusting.

    ReplyDelete