Saturday, February 28, 2009

How I Spent My Weekend

So where do I start?? Well last Thursday I went to the dentist for the first time in a few years to try and get back in a normal schedule... you know cleanings every 6 months... all that good jazz. So I went, they said I had excellent teeth, but I also had 4 small cavities... yikes! So blah blah blah, we make a treatment plan and schedule all my work for the following Friday (the 27th aka yesterday).

Now usually I LOVE Thursdays because they are my day off with Jon, however the lady I babysit for says she really needs me, she's in a jam. Me, being soft hearted, says Ok. So I spend pretty much all day at her house babysitting...

I get home Thursday night and Jon and I watch American Idol together (I LOVE Danny Gokey) and then we go to bed and watch a movie. I wake up around 3 am with the WORST stomach pains imaginable.... like there is a knife in my stomach and it's being twisted around and around... thus causing me to toss and turn for the rest of my sleep.... I get up in the morning and talk to Jon about it, his guess is it's just my nerves about the dentist... logically I think he could be right..

I try and eat some breakfast... but still feel pretty queezy...I go to the dentist and argue with the doctor about not wanting amalgam fillings... I researched them and read that they are 50% made up of mercury. Now, obviously I know they can be that unsafe, or they wouldn't be used, but still... I didn't want them. So the dentist doctor lady did all composite fillings (thank you very much I said). The weird thing is I did GREAT at the dentist. While I was all numb with Novocaine or lidocaine, whichever it is they use, I had no stomach pain or nausea any more.

But when I left and got back in the car it came back full force. You know how when you feel like that the ONLY thing that helps is to scrunch your knees as close to your belly as possible, well that's what I was trying to do while driving home (not an easy task).

I stop by Bugaboo to see Jon and tell him what's going on and he's like "babe, you look like you're going to pass out" and that confirms that this is more than just my nervousness for the dentist. He tells me he'll be home soon... I go home and try (try being the operative word) to sleep. I toss and turn... my stomach hurts so bad I have tears slowly trickling down my cheeks. There were numerous events where I felt like I would finally be sick, get out of bed, go to the bathroom, and nothing!! Until Jon called. I was talking to him when I knew for a fact, I was going to be sick... and sure enough, finally... up came breakfast.

At this point I begin to worry, because I've know rid my body of the ONLY thing that was in it... since I couldn't eat after having dental work done and now was so sick I couldn't get anything down. So sure enough, the next trip to the bathroom is not. good. at. all. I throw up pure black, stomach bile I believe. At this point my fever is up to a good solid 100 (which I know doesn't sound terrible... but I NEVER run a normal 98.6, I am usually around 97.2 or 3) So 100 for me is high....

It's about 8:30 Friday night and NO improvement... still tossing, turning, sweating, shivering, it was just awful!!! So I decide I better call work, there's not a likely chance I'm going to make it through my double tomorrow with these feelings... Now the good thing about being a workaholic and NEVER calling in sick, is that once you do, people really know you are sick and are very great about it!!! I thank god dearly for the people who helped me get my shifts covered and were so understanding.

So now... it's 3:30pm on saturday, I JUST got out of bed and am trying to eat small things to regain strength because people, there's nothing in me right now...

Just felt like blogging about my painful weekend.., I surely hope all of yours were WAY better!!! And I hope no one gets this 24 hour flu thing... cause it f***ing sucked!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment