Thursday, January 15, 2009

Inspiration & Hope

For those of my friends who may read this, you know that I watch all kind of "girly dramas".  I love to watch One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, 90210, etc.  However, you may not know that in the mix of those, as my mother calls them "teenie bopper shows" I also love to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  There is something about hundreds of people coming together to help a family that they don't even know that warms my heart.  For those of you who know me, you may know that I am a big softy and super emotional; so yes, I cry during practically everything.

Tonight's episode was really special however.  It was about the Grys Family; a family of 7.  A mom and dad who have helped over 250 children by providing foster care.  The family makeup is mom and dad and five kids.  Two of the five are biological and the remaining 3 adopted; 2 girls with down syndrome and a very very special little boy; Jake.  He was born with two incredibly difficult challenges; dwarfism and osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bones).  He breaks bones every month and at the age of 8 years old is about the size of an 18 month old. Watching the episode tonight and listening to his little voice and all his hope and faith brought tears to my eyes.  I think about the things I take for granted and the petty things that I complain about..... then I watch this little miracle of a child who wasn't supposed to live long after his birth, but instead he is a miracle.  I found a great video of him that was on a petition website to help him gain independence (a new home) and am posting it for your joy. 


I said when I started this blog that it would contain various thoughts, ideas, and day to day happenings... tonight I really wanted to share the hope, inspiration, and joy that I gained from watching this story and remind everyone to cherish everything they have; it could always be worse.  And don't forget.... miracles really do happen!!!


1 comment:

  1. I cried when i watched that video!! oh my wht a story!!!

    ReplyDelete